Friday, November 16, 2018

King Crimson @ Olympia, Paris - November 16th, 2018


Another blinder of a gig. Keep'em coming' boys! I'm excited for the Royal Package tomorrow, as long as it's not a metaphor for something naughty. Slightly reshuffled setlist, we happily gained LTIA pt.1 but unfortunately lost Schizoid Man and Easy Money.

The Lizard Suite is still the centrepiece of the show in my eyes, even when moved to the second set. I never thought I'd hear those compositions played live, it's really quite a treat. It's incredible to me that according to everything I've read the album was rather poorly received by critics and audience alike upon its release, and that even the band itself had somewhat disowned it until recently. Glad to see it rehabilitated today.

On the very last number (a particularly ominous Starless) some dude two seats from me in the front row got forcefully ejected because it looked like he was bootlegging the show. Kind of a bummer, perhaps the reason we didn't get Schizoid Man? If the band took notice it didn't affect their performance from my point of view. 


















Check out the other King Crimson and KC-related shows reviewed on the blog here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post: