Sunday, March 5, 2023

Lizzo @ Accor Arena, Paris - March 5th, 2023




When Lizzo announced her European tour, we applied for a press credential as well as a photo pass, but space in the photo pit was limited and our photo pass was denied. However, we did secure a press invitation. Since this isn't exactly our preferred genre and we wouldn't be shooting the show, we've commissioned a special correspondant to review the show for us. Which is a pretentious way of saying I gave my invite to my wife, and the report below is hers.

"I wouldn’t call myself a diehard Lizzo fan, but I know some of her hit songs and like them. I had the opportunity to go to her concert in Paris last minute, and walked away from an amazing show with a new respect and admiration for this unbelievable performer. The love from her and the fans was magnetic, just like her lyrics and choreography. The energy never stopped and the crowd was on its feet singing along the entire time.

 

She opened the show in a flashy hot pink number that matched her charismatic and “on fire” performance. Throughout the night her messages of self-love, self-acceptance, confidence, and embracing who you are rang through in her music. She also added two covers, Lauryn Hill's "Doo Wop" and Chaka Khan's "Every Woman". The night ended with her hit, "About Damn Time". It was an electric performance by one of the most talented entertainers I have seen."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post: