Friday, November 20, 2020

Friday's Playlist: Variations on the Bo Diddley Beat

 

This Friday's Playlist compiles some notable examples of songs that use the famous "Bo Diddley" beat. Of course, Bo Diddley didn't come up with that chugging rhythm. But he was one of the first ones to use it in the context of electric popular music.


The setlist is somewhat chronological but I did move things around a bit to enhance the flow, which I think works surprisingly well even though it's by definition pretty repetitive. Most songs are originals but I did put in a cover or two in there. Some glaring omissions, I realise: I did not put George Michael's Faith in there, but I have a good excuse... I can't stand that fucking song. You can listen to it HERE if you must.

Anyway, enjoy, comment, and share!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post: