Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday's Playlist - Eric Clapton: Sessions & Contributions


Hey look at that! A new playlist! Been a while... This one is in honour of Eric Clapton's upcoming birthday in three days. It features some of his outside collaborations. So his solo career is mostly absent, as are bands in which he was the leader, or one of the leaders. Sadly this means no Cream, no Derek & the Dominos, no Blind Faith...



The playlist opens with his legendary solo on The Beatles' While My Guitar Gently Weeps, a George Harrison composition. While we're on the subject, you can check out this playlist from January...



This playlist is only the tip of the iceberg, and hopefully it inspires some of you to go deeper in the man's extensive catalogue.

I am a big Clapton fan. I like him as a bluesman, I like him as a contemporary pop artist, I like it when he plays jazz, soul, country... I love his guitar playing, his singing, his songwriting. I'm even a fan of some of his missteps (and there have been plenty...)

So please join me in wishing Slowhand a happy 75th birthday and don't hesitate to comment and share!

Try Apple Music
Click on the banner above to get one month of free streaming on Apple Music and listen to the playlist below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post: