Friday, August 16, 2019

Friday's Playlist: New York, NY


I'm in New York City today, and I absolutely love this city. Everything about it is exhilarating. The people, the culture, the tension, the weather. It's always vibrant and exciting and cool and fun. So in honor of this great city I've compiled a little selection of songs celebrating it.




Of course some artists have spent their whole career singing about New York. Lou Reed certainly has more than one song on the subject but my rule in most playlists is to not feature an artist more than once. Now, I can bend that rule somewhat by featuring one song by Lou Reed and one by the Velvet Underground but generally I like to stick to it.



I realise I put a song on here by an artist who has become very problematic... I was quick to condemn him when his misconduct was brought out, and I still think he should be shunned. But it's one of my favorite songs on New York and I couldn't imagine not putting it on here. Guess that shows what my high principles are worth!



This is an extremely long playlist already so I had to stop but there are certainly a lot more songs I could have added. Which ones would you have put on that playlist? Let me know. Enjoy, comment and share!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post: