Saturday, June 9, 2018

Jeff Beck @ Olympia, Paris - June 9th, 2018


My seventh time seeing Jeff Beck*, and I just can't get enough. Somehow, even when I know to expect the unexpected, he still manages to surprise me. Whether he plays blues, rock n' roll, soul, jazz, hard rock, electronica or even classical pieces the man can do no wrong (yes, I even enjoy his Flash album from the eighties!)...
The new element since I last saw him less than two years ago (photos and a review can be found HERE) is the addition of cellist Vanessa Freebairn-Smith. Rhonda Smith is still on the bass, and Jimmy Hall is on vocals and harmonica. Returning on the drums after a stint with Sting is Vinnie Colaiuta.

If you have any taste at all you know that Jeff Beck is the greatest. How is he able to say so much without opening his mouth? The man is in his mid-seventies and he keeps challenging and reinventing himself while always remaining himself. I wonder what he'll sound like next time?


* Jeff Beck @ Salle Pleyel 2016
   Jeff Beck @ Grand Rex 2014











No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post: