Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Motörhead @ le Zénith, Paris - November 21st, 2012

I can't believe it took me this long to see Motörhead in concert. It seems like they roll through town every year or so, but to be honest, until recently, I just wasn't a huge fan. I loved the classic records of course, and they always have a bunch of good songs on each new release, but I've always preferred the character of Lemmy to his actual musical output. Motörhead is the quintessential example of a band you have to experience live in order to "get".

And really, who can pass up on 80 minutes of blistering rock n'roll on amphetamines? Ace Of Spades, Overkill, Damage Case, Killed By Death... how can anyone resist such an avalanche of killer tunes? Even new songs like opener I Know How To Die, and a cover of Thin Lizzy were welcomed with open arms by all the speed freaks in attendance. How can three guys make so much noise? How come Lemmy doesn't age? And also, why are my ears still ringing twelve hours later?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post: